- Sleeping Gear*
- Water Bottle
- Toilet Paper (keep handy while traveling as some restrooms do not carry TP)
- Insect Repellant
- Toiletries (soap, toothbrush, etc.)
- Wet wipes (For hand cleaning)
- Hat or cap (head gear of some sort to protect against the sun)
- An attitude of love geared toward serving others
*Sleeping gear (sleeping bag, pillow). It is recommended that you bring a cot but you can also bring a tent. Some of the places do not have specified sleeping areas. In good weather most choose to sleeping outside, under the stars. Collapsible cots are the most popular option but folding cots are fine - no air mattress. Ground sleeping without a tent is not recommended for safety.
It is a good idea to cover your sleeping gear and any other items you want to keep dust free with plastic bags or other coverings to protect them from the dust or the small possibility of inclement weather. The roads on most trips are very dusty! If you are using plastic garbage bags to cover your luggage or sleeping gear it is recommended that you double bag them and place a ribbon or marking you can recognize. It is also a good idea to label all things you wrap in plastic bags so you can easily identify them. Ear Plugs are a good idea, unless you don’t mind dogs, roosters, and snoring.
- No firearms or ammo (unless of course you like to spend time in Mexican jails). These are illegal in Mexico.
- No fireworks or other items that will also get you and the group in trouble!
- No smoking
- No short shorts (this includes men) or skirts.
- Full-length trousers are recommended as the sun and dust is very harsh on exposed skin. However, if you desire to wear shorts, please try and keep them appropriate as the people in these villages dress very conservatively. We reserve the right to ask anyone to change attire, should we deem the attire inappropriate.
- No revealing attire. (tight trousers or low cut blouses)
- Men, keep your shirts on.
- No bad attitudes
- Love God with all your heart, your mind and your strength and love your neighbor as yourself.
- Smile a lot (it’s easier on your face)!
- Drink lots of water! Except during our travel days.
- Attend all worship services with the Mexican people.
- Expect to be blessed by our Lord.
We will be gathering on the morning of your scheduled departure date around 5.30 AM. PLEASE ARRIVE AT THE SUGGESTED TIME AS WE NEED TO HAVE TIME TO PACK YOUR LUGGAGE. We will arrive back at our starting point sometime between 5PM and 10PM on Sunday following your departure.